We’re still hoping to hold as many of the usual, much-loved events for the kids as we can in 2020/21
As we’re sure you’ve heard, restrictions are not lifting on 21 June so we have had to change a few plans for the summer fair. The show will go on though so please do still come along and support the school! 🙂
The fair will be more like a market, with a greater focus around the international food (so please do sign up to bring food if you can (https://sites.google.com/view/yerburysummerfair2021/home/international-food-fair?authuser=0) with some other stalls, similar to the usual Saturday Farmers’ Market. In addition the fair will see the unveiling of the amazing Yerbury print fair – a series of limited edition risograph prints.
Alongside the international food and the print fair, stalls/activities that will still go ahead are the bar, other food stalls (BBQ, candy floss etc), raffle ticket sales, craft kits sales, book stall, plant stall and class photo sales. All set to the soundtrack of some amazing international-themed music!
Sadly, we will not be able to go ahead with any events/activities that encourage gathering or close contact, therefore:
– Yerbury’s Got Talent will now take place on Zoom (as it did at Christmas). More details will follow.
– The raffle draw will take place on Zoom. Tickets will be available to puchase at the fair and online.
– The pop-up cinema will be postponed to when larger groups are allowed to congregate indoors so we can do it properly!
– Live crafts will no longer take place at the fair but kits will be available to purchase and a video ‘how to’ demo will be made available on the demo so kids can create their crafts in their own time.
– Unfortunately the tombola, games, bouncy slide and face painting won’t be able to go ahead.
We are no longer looking for donations for the tombola, but book donations are very welcome. Please bring them along on the day.
The fair website will be kept up to date with the latest info so please keep an eye:
As ever, thank for your understanding and support.
The YPTA xx
Past 2020-21 Events:
The Yerbury marathon was a roaring success, raising a whopping £15,700 for the school! Thank you so much to everyone for taking part.
A fabulous event, so creatively done and something for everyone – despite all the social-distancing challenges. Thanks to everyone who helped make this happen and a special thanks to Holly and Victoria
A lovely art project where the children design their own postcards themed on: something to do with ‘The Future’. Entries will be displayed in an art exhibition at the school and there will be a printed format for everyone to collect as a memory.